Friday, September 25, 2009

Blogging and Tweeting...Oh how things change.

Every fall, I teach a foodwriting course or two. I've got a one-day course coming up soon at University of British Columbia Okanagan, Kelowna (October 17) and a two-day course at MacEwan College in Edmonton (November 7 & 14). Last year, I had a few bloggers sign up and I actually used them as my impromptu "experts." (That's the point of blogging...there's no diploma or credentials to become a blogger so the playing field is nice and level.) It really became a round-table discussion amongst peers on blogging do's and don'ts, and what works for them, what doesn't.

That was so last year. I realize I have to whip up a proper component about blogging and also Twitter. It's almost a given now that if you want to get your work seen and "respected", you need to be on-line in some form or another. I must admit, despite my usual reluctance to these sorts of things, I've become addicted to Twitter lately and find it quite useful for information gathering and spreading. I think it also takes the pressure off of bloggers to blog every day.

In other words, I'm compiling good articles or advice on food blogging and tweeting...all and any comments, advice, links are most welcome:)

Dianne Jacob's What Makes a Great Food Blogger link came in from a link via Dinner with Julie thanks to her "Blogher" sidebar.

No comments: